I've been so busy lately, it was a nice chance to stop and think about important things. I found Chris's ideas and stories very meaningful and thought provoking. Many relationships and situations rolled through my mind as he spoke. I'm glad for the reminder to look others in the eye and keep an open heart to them. And more specifically, I feel compelled to seek some help with more 'troubled' relationships.
I enjoyed the weekend very much. I especially appreciated everyone sharing their personal stories to help us grow into a communtiy of caring and relational people. Jeff, your story about Barb and seeing her as a person was heart wrenching and really brought home the theory of seeing people as people and not objects. Your community is really blessed to have you serving for them.
Jeff, Couldn't agree with you more. God is already asking me to use the things I learned this weekend. Also, Jeff I have some interesting news for you please give me a shout at ericksone@mail.gprmc.com
This was one of the two best conferences I've ever been to. Even though I helped to plan it and had some foggy idea of what was coming, our time together had a far greater impact than I ever expeccted. I truly believe that God took a hand in the ways the talks came together and the ways in which people interacted.
Our church team had a great experience at the conference. We've met with our Pastors last week to share our experience, and how we might help share it with our church. I personally enjoyed the perspective from the Bishop. The training may have been secular in subject, but understanding how it applies to a Christian life made it much more meaningful. If we are to walk like Christ, we have to see people as Christ did - as a person.
5 comments:
I've been so busy lately, it was a nice chance to stop and think about important things. I found Chris's ideas and stories very meaningful and thought provoking. Many relationships and situations rolled through my mind as he spoke. I'm glad for the reminder to look others in the eye and keep an open heart to them. And more specifically, I feel compelled to seek some help with more 'troubled' relationships.
I enjoyed the weekend very much. I especially appreciated everyone sharing their personal stories to help us grow into a communtiy of caring and relational people. Jeff, your story about Barb and seeing her as a person was heart wrenching and really brought home the theory of seeing people as people and not objects. Your community is really blessed to have you serving for them.
Jeff, Couldn't agree with you more. God is already asking me to use the things I learned this weekend. Also, Jeff I have some interesting news for you please give me a shout at ericksone@mail.gprmc.com
This was one of the two best conferences I've ever been to. Even though I helped to plan it and had some foggy idea of what was coming, our time together had a far greater impact than I ever expeccted. I truly believe that God took a hand in the ways the talks came together and the ways in which people interacted.
Our church team had a great experience at the conference. We've met with our Pastors last week to share our experience, and how we might help share it with our church. I personally enjoyed the perspective from the Bishop. The training may have been secular in subject, but understanding how it applies to a Christian life made it much more meaningful. If we are to walk like Christ, we have to see people as Christ did - as a person.
Post a Comment